Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://thepost.emory.edu/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Final Registration

Class registration is a time to start fresh. Conveniently, it arrives mid-semester when you’ve realized you hate every class you’re taking at the moment, and you just can’t take another lecture, discussion, paper, project or exam.


Second semester senior registration is an underrated occasion. You choose the final academic memories of your Emory Career. This usually means you’ve saved your “dream” classes until this final semester out of interest, fun, ease, and overall joy it will bring you.


For me, this meant saving my final poetry workshop to enjoy on lovely spring afternoons. This meant finally taking a class in the classics department to satisfy my love of the ancients. This meant finally taking a theatre class so I can get over my public performance anxiety.


When all was said and done, it’s bittersweet to pick my last classes, but pretty baller all the same. Seniors 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment