Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://thepost.emory.edu/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sneak peek ... Destinations: Atlanta

One of the perks about working at the Emory Alumni Association (EAA) is the opportunity to attend a variety of Emory events--from casual, fun happy hours to more serious, business/professional attire type events.

While working as an EAA's communications coordinator, I have become an expert on all upcoming Emory events--even ones in far away places like Seattle and Los Angeles. I have created and sent out many e-mails and updates, and it is great to see how involved alumni are because of the EAA.

Closer to home, the more I learned about it, Thursday's Destinations: Atlanta event sounded more and more interesting as I created, edited, and proofed our content.

(If you'd like to register for the event, click here. Space is still available.)

I was happy when I was asked to staff this event! In July, I staffed the Jewelry and Jazz event at the Carlos Museum and enjoyed it- I not only worked, but I met new people, partook in great conversation, networked, and enjoyed delicious food!

Another plus about this event is that my mother is coming with me! She is an Oxford alumna, who is still involved with Emory, but not as much as she should be. Presidential Destinations: Atlanta will hopefully allow her to become even more involved with her alma mater! It will be worth it!

Can't wait to network and listen to President Jim Wagner and Emory's VP of Communications, Ron Sauder!

--Farah Shackelford, communications coordinator, EAA

No comments:

Post a Comment