Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://thepost.emory.edu/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 8, 2010

And the curtain comes down (fourth ... and final ... in a series)


So I was going to write this post-show-wrap-everything-up blog entry days ago when the show actually ended … but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. To write this last post would be my way of admitting that it’s actually over. I thought that if I could delay it long enough I could extend the sense of joy, confidence, triumph, and love that I felt every night (or afternoon) the cast rocked out on stage.

First off thank you so much to everyone who came to see the show. Before each show in the dressing room I would make a point to ask the ladies if they had anyone special coming to see that performance. I saw it as a way for us to focus on giving it everything we’ve got because someone we love would be watching.

For those of you who were not familiar with the show I know that the plot was hard to follow. I didn’t even fully understand the show because I grew up listening to the soundtrack so it wasn’t until I saw it staged that everything fell into place. What I hope you did get out of it was an amazing musical experience full of heartfelt emotion. I know we as a cast were able to get across the major themes of fear, loss, support, growth and most importantly love.

By the time the show opened our musical director Bryan Mercer told us that he really felt that we believed in what we were singing. I think that had a lot to do with how well we all knew the music before we even started rehearsals, and then how close we became as a cast. It’s true for anyone who has ever been in a group like that, music ensemble, sports team, sorority or fraternity, school club. If you’re lucky those people become a big part of your life. I know that I appreciate having a few more familiar faces on campus.

So with that I guess I’m ready to sign off as the events coordinator in blogger's clothing. Thanks for reading!

-- Becky Herring 08C, events coordinator, Schwartz Center for Performing Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment