Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://thepost.emory.edu/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The life of an EAA intern

Allow me to introduce myself: I’m a native of Raleigh, North Carolina, a recent Emory graduate, and the communications intern for the EAA this summer.

Just a few weeks ago, I donned my cap and gown and walked across the stage to collect my Emory diploma. Commencement was the bittersweet culmination of four unforgettable years, and I realized that even though I’ve been preparing to embark on a career in communications and public relations, I’m not quite ready to leave the Emory bubble.

Interning with the EAA has been a fantastic opportunity for me to get some professional communications experience under my belt while savoring my Emory experience for just a bit longer. Plus, I get to spend my days researching, planning, and writing about all of the exciting things that are going on around a place that I love.

Summertime is planning time here at the EAA, and the communications office has been surprisingly busy. I have only been here a couple of weeks, but I’ve spent time doing everything from designing graphics, creating slideshows for this blog, interviewing fellow alumni, and writing news articles. As an Emory alumna, I find that this can sometimes feel eerily like talking to myself. But it’s also a great feeling to be able to count myself among the impressive group of Emory alumni with whom I engage here.

You’ll be hearing more from me throughout the summer. Stay tuned for my coverage of the sure-to-be-fabulous evening at Tory Burch with the Alumnae and Women of Emory (AWE) next week!

-- Erin Crews 09C 09G, communications intern, EAA

No comments:

Post a Comment