Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://thepost.emory.edu/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 6, 2009

A sweet Saturday at Sweetwater


As my friends and I discussed the past four years of our lives at Emory, it is hard to believe how quickly they have gone by.

It seems like just yesterday that I was a scared little 18-year-old moving into Longstreet with big dreams of college life. Now with about a month left until we graduate and go our separate ways, it is time to celebrate and reflect on how far we’ve come.

Seniors and Sweetwater was our chance to do just that. Saturday, April 4, the EAA invited the Class of 2009 and Atlanta Young Alumni to come out to the Sweetwater Brewing Company for an afternoon of mingling and beer. The weather couldn’t have been nicer as I stood on the crowded patio listening to the live band and seeing all the familiar faces I’ve come to know.

Having all my friends together for the day was a treat, but it has me thinking about what comes next.

I shouldn’t be as shaken up about graduation as I am, considering I graduated a semester early and have been working at the EAA since December, but the finality of Commencement puts everything into perspective. I think I’ve been living in denial for the past few months, still hanging out with my friends, who are all seniors, and not really acting like a part of the real world. I’m reluctant to admit that I have graduated and now have a job, when it’s easier (and more fun) to pretend I’m still an Emory student.

It’s hard to think about everyone moving on, but I know we’ll stay close after graduation. Thankfully I have my job at the EAA so I still get to be involved with Emory. I’m even more thankful for other upcoming Commencement events for seniors, like Candlelight Crossover and the Torch and Trumpet Soiree, so that I can put off the real world for just a bit longer.

Commencement is on Monday, May 11, and I’m sure it will be here before we know it. But until I wear that cap and gown, I’m going to continue enjoying being a senior.

--Kelley Quinn 08B, leadership team assistant, EAA

Pictured above (from left to right): Kelley Quinn 08B, Jessica Lake 09C, and Lauren Rabach 09C

No comments:

Post a Comment