Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://thepost.emory.edu/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Guess who's back...

I'm back for my third year working with the communications team at the Emory Alumni Association and my final year as an Emory student.

That's right, I'm a senior. I'm one of the big guys--er, girls--on campus. And after an entire summer of interning with NBC in Miami, FL, and getting a taste for what real life is like in the broadcast industry, I'm ready to experience my many "lasts" this school year.

First on my "lasts" list is Homecoming Week, which will kick off next week. In honor of Emory's 175th anniversary, we--that is, the Student Programming Council (SPC)--appropriately themed the week as "My Super Sweet 175th Birthday." More information about the week will come in my next post but if you're wondering, yes, there will be lots of birthday cake.

Now, my senior year won't wholly be reserved to "lasts." I have quite a few things left on my Emory bucket list, like have one of my classes canceled by Dooley, go rock climbing in the WoodPec and jump in President Wagner's pool (shh, don't tell!).

You might get the feeling that I'm already feeling nostalgic about being a senior and you're absolutely right.

And I'm not the only one. You'll hear from another one of our EAA senior student workers throughout the year in a series about her "lasts."

When you go to a school like Emory, there's no way you can't feel this way.

--Lindsey Bomnin 12C, EAA communications intern

No comments:

Post a Comment