Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://thepost.emory.edu/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What is EAAvesdropping?

Welcome to EAAvesdropping. Thanks for listening in. So to speak.

I'm Eric Rangus, director of communications at the Emory Alumni Association. If you become a regular reader of EAAvesdropping, you'll see my name quite a bit. I hope that's a good thing.

What is EAAvesdropping? Well, I've been sitting in front of blank computer screens and scribbling on notepads for days trying to come up with an easy, articulate answer to that question. And here it is ...

I'm not sure yet.

EAAvesdropping will be a lot of things. It will be an event log where you can read about everything the EAA is doing around the country and the world. It will be a photo album where you can see everything the EAA is doing--and who's doing it. It will be a soundbooth where we will post podcasts and hopefully one day, videoclips. And it will also be a conversation spot--a place where all members of the EAA staff will let you know what we're doing to make our community a better place, and how we feel about it.

But most of all, it will be fun. Fun for you to read (we hope) and fun for us to write.

On Thursday, I'm heading north to Celebration Emory: New York. If you happen to be in the area, please stop by and let me know you've been EAAvesdropping. I'll be wearing a nametag.

Our next post will be from up there. Probably pretty late on Thursday night or early on Friday morning, depending on when I decide to drink my coffee.

Until then, I encourage you to "follow this blog" by clicking below or at least subscribe to us. The plan is to have new content every couple of days or so. We'll see.

Anyway, thanks for EAAvesdropping. Feel free to return to EmoryWire. We'll be here when you get back.

--Eric Rangus, director of communications, EAA

No comments:

Post a Comment