Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://thepost.emory.edu/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 27, 2010

It's not goodbye, it's see you later

Is it me? Or does time seem to fly by faster these days?

Today is the final day of my summer communications internship at the Emory Alumni Association (EAA). I cannot believe it! I feel like it was just yesterday when I walked through the doors of the Miller-Ward Alumni House (MWAH)
on my first day--greeted by the quaint courtyard and the elegant, McLarty spiral staircase.

This internship has been worthwhile and wonderful. I have gained more writing and editing skills as well as meaningful relationships with my co-workers. I loved being a contributor to EAAvesdropping--where I wrote in a wittier, personal tone rather than formal and academic (no offense, Samford's department of communication studies). However, I did have more serious assignments such as press releases or EmoryWire pieces, so I got the best of both worlds.

I am also going to miss everyone at the EAA. I've never been around so many hard-working, friendly, helpful, and all-around FUN people! If I ever had questions or concerns, someone was always willing to help. Any time I walked down the halls of the EAA, I was always greeted with a smiling face. Some of my favorite memories are lunch breaks with the other interns, piling in someone's car like sardines to go take a tour of something on campus/lunch outings, and surprise baby showers.

Like I said in the title, it's not goodbye, it's see you later!

Thank you EAA for this amazing experience!

--Farah Shackelford, communications intern, EAA

No comments:

Post a Comment